Green Goddess Dressing
60 g olive oil
30 g pouring (whipping) cream
1 garlic clove
2 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
4 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves only
2 sprigs fresh basil, leaves only
250 g avocados (approx. 2 medium avocados), fresh only
40 g apple cider vinegar
2 anchovy fillets
2 tsp lime juice
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
120 g white quinoa
500 g water, plus extra for soaking
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp pomegranate molasses
200 g fresh baby spinach leaves
1 pomegranate, arils only
4 bowls (2 small, 1 medium ceramic or glass, 1 large)
Non-stick frying pan
Green Goddess Dressing
- Place a jug onto mixing bowl lid and weigh oil into it. Set jug aside.
- Place a small bowl into mixing bowl lid and weigh cream into it. Set bowl aside.
- Place garlic, eschalaot and herbs into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 6.
- Add avocados, apple cider vinegar, anchovies and lime juice and blend 20 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and mix 1 min/speed 3, slowly pouring oil, then cream, through hole in mixing bowl lid until combined.
- Add salt and pepper and mix 10 sec/speed 3. Transfer into a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap, then press down on surface of dressing to prevent a skin forming. Place into refrigerator for a minim of 2 hours before serving. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place a large ceramic or glass bowl into mixing bowl lid and weigh quinoa into it. Cover with water and set aside to soak for 5 minutes. Drain quinoa using simmering basket, then rise quinoa until water runs clear. Transfer half of the quinoa back into the bowl and set aside.
- Place water into mixing bowl. Insert simmering basket with remaining quinoa in it and steam 15 min/Varoma/speed 1. Transfer into a large bowl and toss with oil and pomegranate molasses. Set aside to cool.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add reserved quinoa, stirring to evaporate liquid. Continue stirring until quinoa grains toast and pop (approx. 2-3 minutes). Transfer into a separate bowl and set aside. Once cooled, add to large bowl with steamed quinoa.
- Place the large bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh spinach into it. Remove bowl from mixing bowl lid and toss gently to combine. Transfer into a serving bowl and spoon over green goddess dressing as desired. Top with pomegranate arils and serve with extra dressing on the side.
- You can replace white quinoa with any colour quinoa in this recipe.
This recipe is from the Entertaining with Dani Valent book, available for order on our E-store: https://www.thermi-estore.co.za/product/entertaining-with-dani-valent/