70 g quinoa
1 tbsp linseeds (flaxseeds)
1 tbsp chia seeds
70 g apple, quartered (appx. 1 small apple)
80 g pitted dates
80 g dried apricots
40 g dried cranberries
90 g rolled oats
70 g Rice Krispies
30 g desiccated coconut
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
50 g olive oil, or any oil of your choice
50 g honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a rectangular baking tin (30 x 20 x 6cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place quinoa, linseeds and chia seeds into mixing bowl and mill 20 sec/speed 9. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place apple into mixing bowl and grate 3 sec/speed 5, until even consistency is achieved. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with the spatula.
- Add dates, apricots and cranberries and chop Turbo/1 sec/3 times or until all fruit is evenly chopped. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with the spatula.
- Add all remaining ingredients, including reserved seed mixture and combine 30 sec/reverse/speed 3.
- Transfer mixture into prepared baking tin. Press mixture down evenly and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (180ºC) or until lightly browned. Allow to cool in tin for 15 minutes, then remove and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into 16 equal pieces and serve or place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
This recipe is part of a Lunchbox collection provided by Anthie Petrou at Thermomix UAE. The recipes have all been adapted from Cookidoo UK, Australia and Steaming Hot cookbook