100 g walnuts
2 garlic cloves, skin on
60 g pecorino or Parmesan cheese
1 small lemon, zest and juice
40 g wild rocket
20 g Italian parsley, leaves only
250 g extra virgin olive oil
Seasoning to taste
- Lightly toast walnuts and garlic. See tips below. Leave to cool.
- Place cheese and lemon zest into mixing bowl. Grate 5 sec/speed 8.
- Remove the skin of the garlic, the flesh should be soft and aromatic, add to mixing bowl with the cheese and lemon zest. Add walnuts, lemon juice, rocket, parsley, olive oil, a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Turbo/2 secs. Using spatula, scrape down sides and lid of mixing bowl. Repeat until desired consistency had been achieved. Store in a clean sterilised jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Use as required.
- For dry roasting the walnuts and garlic in the Thermomix, place them into the mixing bowl and roast 10 min/120°C/reverse/speed 1. The advantage of dry roasting in the Thermomix is that you cannot forget about them and burn the ingredients. Should you be in a hurry, place the ingredients into a non-stick pan and heat on a high temperature on the stove. Keep stirring and watch carefully as it it so easy to overdo and then the result will be burnt and bitter.
- When weighing the rocket and parsley, weigh in handfuls, not per leaf.
- Serve with pasta or mix with cream cheese and serve as a dip.