120g butter roughly chopped
100g full cream milk
1tsp vanilla extract
120g caster sugar
120g self raising flour
20 – 30g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
Method – Preheat Oven 180°C. Grease and line a round 20cm cake tin
- Place butter into mixing bowl and melt 2 min/60°C/speed 4.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix 20 sec/speed 5.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and bake 25 – 35 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack. Serve warm or allow to cool completely before icing or storing in an airtight container.
- Philippa made 2 batches of the cake and sandwiched them with dulce de leche (caramel).
- Double up the ganache from previous week and pour over the cake. Allow to set and decorate with chocolate eggs and a chocolate bunny.
- For pure indulgence, sandwich with cream and dulce de leche.
- For fairy cakes, place into cup cake paper cups and bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Decorate with chocolate butter cream and small candied speckled eggs.
Recipe from Everyday cookbook