500 g cauliflower florets
1 000 g firm white fish fillets, skin removed and pin-boned, cut into 2 cm pieces
3 cm cube fresh ginger, peeled and cut into quarters
6 fresh kaffir lime leaves, spines removed
1 – 2 long red chillies, deseeded if preferred
300 g fresh tomatoes, cut into halves
6 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves and stems only
3 sprigs fresh Thai basil, leaves only
800 g coconut milk
1 tbsp vegetable stock paste
60 g lime juice
20 g fish sauce
1 tbsp coconut sugar
200 g filtered water
100 g bean sprouts
- Place cauliflower into mixing bowl. Chop 5 sec/reverse/speed 5. Transfer cauliflower rice into Varoma dish, place fish on Varoma tray, cover with lid and set aside.
- Place ginger, Kaffir lime leaves and chillies into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add tomatoes, coriander and Thai basil and chop 5 sec/speed 5.
- Add coconut milk, stock paste, lime juice, fish sauce, coconut sugar and water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position and steam 10 min/ Varoma/speed 1. Gently turn fish pieces with spatula to ensure even cooking and cook a further 10 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Divide cauliflower rice, between serving bowls, top with fish and pour over soup. Garnish with bean sprouts before serving.
Recipe taken from Quirky Cooking by Jo Whitton