500 g chicken tenderloins
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp vegetable stock paste (Basic Cook Book)
1 tsp of salt, or to taste
Pepper, freshly ground, to taste
500 g water
4 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only
200 g natural yoghurt
3-6 sprigs coriander
20 g tandoori paste (or to taste) (see Tip 1)
100 g fresh baby spinach leaves
100 g of cucumber cut into long thin strips
- Place chicken pieces in a bowl and add olive oil, vegetable stock, salt and pepper and mix. Place the chicken in the Varoma dish. Place water in the mixing bowl and place Varoma in position. Steam 10 min/Varoma/speed 1 (see Tip 2)
- Stir chicken with the spatula to ensure even cooking and continue steaming another 2-3 min/Varoma speed 1 or until chicken is cooked through (no pink colour).
- Transfer chicken to a plate and place in the refrigerator to cool completely (approx. 15-20 mins), you can do this process even from the night before. Clean and try the mixing bowl.
- Place half of the mint leaves in the mixing bowl and cut 2 sec/speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with the spatula.
- Place a small bowl on the lid and weigh in 100 g of yoghurt. Add the cut mint from the mixing bowl and combine with a spoon. Set aside.
- Place coriander and remaining mint leaves into the mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with the spatula.
- Add reserved chicken, tandoori paste, remaining 100 g yoghurt and shred 2-3 sec/reverse/speed 4.
- Divide chicken mixture between the torillas, then top with spinach, cucumber and minted yoghurt mixture.
Roll up tightly and wrap in baking paper to secure before serving.
- Make your own Tandoori paste in Thermomix (see Tandoori paste recipe).
- If you use big chicken breast pieces, cut them in half or in three pieces lengthwise and steam them for longer e.g. 20 minutes.
This recipe was adapted from the Tandoori Chicken Wrap original recipe on www.taste.com.au and provided by Anthie Petrou at Thermomix UAE