500 g Sweet Potato, scrubbed/peeled and chunked
60 g water
1-2 tsp salt
100 g seeds of your choice
400 g flour
7 g dried yeast
- Place sweet potato chunks in bowl and chop 6 sec/speed 5.
- Add water and cook 10 min/90°C/speed 1.
- Open lid and cool mixture completely (at least to 37°C).
- Add salt, seeds, flour and yeast, then 5 min/knead.
- Put in greased Loaf Tin, cover with dishcloth and allow to rise until doubled in warm place (+/- 1 hour).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 160°C until well browned. Should make a hollow sound when tapped.
- The amount of water depends on the type of flour used – Wholewheat flour or Buckwheat flour will require slightly more liquid.
- The freshness or dryness of the sweet potato will also influence the water ratio.
- More water / flour can be added at any point of the kneading process. Dough must be sticky, but not wet.