¼ tsp ground smoked paprika
¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
¼ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp granulated garlic
2 pinches sea salt
2 pinches ground black pepper
2 skinless chicken breast fillets (approx. 400 – 500 g total)
100 g water
80 g pure maple syrup
¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
100 g fresh baby spinach leaves
50 g frozen green peas, defrosted
- Place paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano, granulated garlic, salt and pepper into a ceramic or glass bowl and combine. Add chicken to bowl and rub spice mixture into the chicken. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place water, maple syrup and chilli flakes into mixing TM bowl. Place Varoma into position and place spice-rubbed chicken into Varoma dish. Steam 12-15 min/Varoma/speed 1, or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken into a Thermoserver or large bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Continue to cook maple syrup mixture for a further 3 min/100°C/speed 2, without measuring cup.
- Add spinach and peas into the TM bowl and cook 1 min/ 100°C/reverse/ speed 1, or until peas are heated through and spinach has wilted.
- Place chicken breast on top of spinach and peas. Drizzle chicken with maple glaze and serve immediately.
- If you are using large chicken breasts, you will need to cut each breast into half lengthways prior to rubbing with spices. This will ensure it cooks through in the cooking time indicated.
- Serve with a side of Rosemary and thyme polenta chips.