1 tomato quartered
1 onion quartered
½ green pepper
½ red pepper
½ yellow pepper
2 peeled garlic cloves
40 g cooking oil
1 tsp Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
1 tsp Robertson’s Chicken Spice or Knorr chicken stock cube
5 pieces chicken
1 tsp lemon juice
1 carrot, peeled and cubed
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
60 g water
1 tbsb Knorr Brown Onion Soup
1 tsp sugar
600 g cake or bread flour
10 g (1 sachet) instant dried yeast
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
400 g lukewarm water
- Add tomato, onion, green, red & yellow peppers, and garlic and chop 8 sec/speed 4.
- Add oil and spices, and sauté for 3 min/100°C/speed 1/reverse.
- Add chicken pieces together with the lemon juice and stir into the gravy.
- Cook for 5 min/100°C/reverse/speed spoon.
- Add carrots, potatoes and water.
- Place Varoma on TM bowl with the Dombolo. Steam for 20 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed spoon.
- Add the Knorr Brown Onion Soup and sugar into bowl. Steam for 5 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed spoon, then serve with rice, pap or dombolo.
- Place flour, yeast, salt, sugar and water into TM bowl. Make sure that the yeast and salt are not touching. Mix 5 sec/speed 7.
- Knead bread for 3 min/closed lid position/interval speed.
- Place dough into clean bowl or a silicone mat. Let it rest for 20 min to 30 min.
- Shape into 12 equal size bread rolls.
- Place the bread rolls into the Varoma dish and tray.
- Place 500 g water into TM bowl. Place Varoma into position on TM bowl (or place over sishebo at step 6 of sishebo recipe) Place on 25 min/Varoma/speed spoon.
- Sishebo and Dombolo can be served together as a meal, but they can also be enjoyed separately.