150g cashew nuts, raw or activated
350g ice cubes
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
30g raw cacao powder
100g dates, pitted
150g avocado, peeled, stones removed cut into pieces and frozen
- Place cashews into mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 9.
- Add ice cubes and crush 20 sec / speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add vanilla, cacao powder and dates, and blend 1 min 30 sec / speed 9 with aid of spatula.
- Add frozen avocado and blend for a further 1 min/ speed 9 with aid of spatula. Ensure the mixture is smooth and creamy. If not, blend a further 1 min / speed 9 with aid of spatula, or until desired consistency is achieved.
- Spoon into small dessert bowls or glasses and serve immediately.
- Keep frozen avocado pieces in the freezer for quick use in this recipe. Freeze ripe avocado for the best flavour and a creamy texture. Transfer the semifreddo into a lined loaf tin and freeze to serve later, if preferred. It will need to thaw slightly (15-30 minutes) before serving.
- Choc-banana semifreddo: Substitute the avocado with 1 banana cut into pieces (2 cm) and frozen. Proceed as per recipe.
- Berry semifreddo: Omit the raw cacao powder if desired and add 200g frozen berries after blending the ice. Crush 20 sec/speed 9 then proceed as per recipe.