1 garlic clove
50-100 g onions
1/2-1 tsp salt
30 g oil
50-100 g Thai red curry paste
200 g coconut milk
200 g water
400 g waxy potatoes, peeled, cut into bite size pieces
100 g carrots, cut into bite size pieces
600 g chicken breasts, skinless, cut into cubes (3cm)
150 g frozen green peas
2-3 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only, to garnish
- Place garlic clove, onions, salt and oil into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Add Thai curry paste and sauté 3 min/120°C/speed 1.
- Add coconut milk, water, potatoes and carrots and cook 12 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1.
- Add chicken breasts and frozen peas and cook 8 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Serve with rice
- In step 3, add flavourings such as 15 g fish sauce, 2 tsp sugar and/or k-lime leaves.
- Just before serving, add 20 g lime juice, 5-6 fresh basil leaves (If possible Thai basil) and/or 1 fresh chilli, cut into thin slices.
- Replace the potatoes, carrots and peas with any vegetable of your choice, cut into bit-size pieces as needed. Add the longer-cooking vegetables (e.g. Aubergines, sweet potatoes, squash) in step 3 and faster cooking vegetables (e.g. Broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, snow peas,cherry tomatoes,courgettes, sweet corn) in step 4 or a few minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Replace chicken breasts with quick-cooking boneless meat of your choice, for instance turkey breasts or pork tenderloin.