150 g plain ginger biscuits
40 g unsalted butter, softened
300 g – 350 g butternut/pumpkin, peeled, roasted (200 g roasted pumpkin)
500 g cream cheese, softened
80 g honey
80 g caster sugar
1-2 tsp ground cinnamon plus extra to dust
1 tsp vanilla extract or essence
1-2 tsp ground nutmeg
4 eggs (260g)
3 pieces glacé ginger, finely chopped, to garnish
2 ginger biscuits finely crumbled
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Grease the sides of a 20 cm springform tin and set aside.
- Place biscuits, and butter into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 9, into a breadcrumb consistency. Press mixture into the base of tin and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place roasted pumpkin, cream cheese, honey, caster sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and eggs into mixing bowl and beat 20 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl, then beat for a further 10 sec/speed 7.
- Pour pumpkin mixture onto cooled biscuit base and wrap cake tin with aluminum foil. Place cake tin into the Varoma dish, add 1.2 L of water into mixing bowl and place Varoma into position.
- Steam 60 min/Varoma/speed 1. Check to see that cake is set in the middle. If not, re-wrap and cook for a further 15 – 20 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Remove cake and place in the refrigerator to cool and set for a minimum of 4 hours. Remove cake from tin and dust with extra nutmeg and cinnamon. Decorate with glacé ginger and serve.