2-3 garlic cloves, peeled
1 small red pepper, roughly chopped
100 g olive oil
70 g white wine vinegar
8 small red chillies, seeds in
2 tbsp oregano, dried
2 tsp salt
1-2 tbsp tomato paste
- Place garlic and red pepper into TM bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7.
- Add oil, juice from ½ lemon and white wine vinegar to TM bowl and cook for 10 min/90°C/speed spoon.
- Add chillies, oregano, salt and tomato paste and mix 10 sec/speed 2. Allow to cool for 10 mins.
- Mix 1 min/speed 10. Store in airtight jar/container and consume within 1 month.
- For a milder version of this sauce, reduce the amount of chillies. Increase the amount of chillies for a hotter sauce.
- You can replace the tomato paste with homemade ketchup or tomato sauce if you prefer.
- Add a tablespoon of mayonnaise to the sauce to make a creamy dressing for coleslaw.
Recipe adapted from: https://www.recipecommunity.com.au/