1 000 g pomegranate juice
100 g sugar
20 g lemon juice
- Weigh all ingredients into mixing bowl. With MC off, cook 40 – 50 min/Varoma/speed 2. If the mixture is bubbling vigorously, place simmering basket onto mixing bowl lid. This allows evaporation and prevents spluttering.
- Pour into a sterilized jar and use as required. Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Removing Pomegranate Arils
- Cut the pomegranate into quarters and place into mixing bowl. Spin 4 sec/reverse/speed 4. Place into a bowl and pick out the skin and pith, thus leaving the arils behind.
- Use pomegranate molasses in grain salads such as the grain salad we made a few weeks ago. It goes well in other salads such as raw beetroot salad.
- For a lovely twist, use 500 g pomegranate juice and 500 g frozen raspberries. Cook as above and strain while still hot. It is just as good without straining.