300 g cabbage
2 spring onions
100 grams plain flour
30 g tempura bits/flakes
6 pieces bacon (optional)
160 g water
- Place cabbage in TM and shred 5 sec/speed 4. Remove from bowl.
- Place carrot and spring onion in TM and shred 5 sec/speed 4. Return cabbage to bowl.
- Place flour, egg, tempura bits and water into the TM bowl. Mix 10 sec/reverse/speed 3.
- Shape mixture into 15cm sized pancakes in a frying pan and cook for approximately 7 minutes each side (or until browned).
- Add optional bacon on the underside of each pancake. Serve with Okonomiyaki sauce and Kewpie mayonnaise.
- Instead of okonomiyaki sauce, mix 1 part mayo to 1 part BBQ sauce
- If you’re not able to find tempura bits, Rice Krispies are a close substitute.
This recipe was adapted from the Japanese Okonomiyaki from lkapitany on the Thermomix Recipe Community