1 onion, peeled & halved
2 garlic cloves
30 g olive oil
500 g diced lamb
2 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground cinnamon
400 g chickpeas
400 g fresh tomatoes
200 g water
1 tablespoon TM vegetable stock concentrate
100 g pitted dates
30 g honey
50 g tomato paste
Juice of 1 lime
- Place onion and garlic in the bowl and chop 3 secs/speed 5.
- Scrape down sides, add olive oil and sauté 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add lamb and spices and cook for 7 minutes/100°C/reverse/speed soft.
- Add remaining ingredients except chickpeas to bowl, cook 12 min/100°C/reverse/ speed soft.
- Add chickpeas and cook for another 3 mins/100°C/reverse/speed soft.
- Allow casserole to rest for 10 -15 mins before serving. Serve with couscous, pasta or rice, with a dollop of natural yoghurt (optional).
- For a less sweet dish, reduce the amount of dates or omit the honey.
This recipe was adapted from meganzig’s original recipe from the Thermomix Recipe Community