100 g butter
100 g sugar
300 g flour
2 tsp baking powder
40 g water
A pinch of salt
1120 g milk
2 tbsp cornflour
30 g flour
200 g sugar
10 g butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Cinnamon for dusting
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 2×22-cm pie dishes.
- Place butter and sugar into the TM bowl. Blend 10 sec/speed 5.
- Add remaining crust ingredients. Mix 10 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the sides and repeat.
- Press into 2 greased pie dishes, prick lightly with a fork, and bake for 12 minutes until lightly browned around the edges. While pastry is cooking, prepare the filling.
- Except for butter and vanilla, place all ingredients into TM bowl. Mix 10 sec/speed 5.
- Cook the filling for 15 min/90°C/speed 4.
- Add butter and vanilla. Very carefully, blend 5 sec/speed 4.
- Pour into prepared crusts and cool.
- Immediately sprinkle liberally with cinnamon. As well as giving a lovely cinnamon taste, the cinnamon prevents a skin forming on the custard.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- If you would like to have less pastry with lots of creamy custard filling, use the full quantities for the filling and fill one crust. Freeze the other crust.
- If using vanilla paste or pods instead of the essence, add this in step 1.