180 g almonds, blanched
90 g sugar, white
90 g sugar, golden brown
1 egg, large
1 tsp brandy
2 ml almond extract
- Place almonds into TM bowl. Mill 10 sec/speed 8. Set aside.
- Place white sugar into TM bowl. Mill 10 sec/speed 10. Add golden brown sugar. Mill 6 sec/speed 9.
- Insert butterfly and add egg. Heat 6 min/80°C/speed 3.5 until light and fluffy. Cool mixture to 37°C. Once cooled, mix a further 2 min/speed 3.5 and while mixing, add brandy and almond extract through the hole in the lid.
- Remove butterfly and add ground almonds. Scrape down sides of bowl with TM spatula. Knead 1 min/knead until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Use immediately or store in sealed container in the refrigerator until required.
- We will be using the marzipan in next week’s Christmas recipe.
- As with all freshly made-preservative-free food, the marzipan is best kept in the refrigerator and if it needs to be stored for any period of time, store well wrapped in an airtight container in the freezer.