600 g unripe green mangoes, peeled and without pip
150 g carrots, peeled and quartered
100 g green pepper, deseeded and quartered
3 garlic cloves
1 hot chilli
3 tsp ground cumin
1 ½ tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp black mustard seeds
2 tbsp curry powder
200 g honey
250 g balsamic vinegar
50 g cornflour
1 tbsp chilli powder (optional)
180 g olive oil
- Place mangoes, carrots and green pepper into TM bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 5. Set aside.
- Chop garlic and chilli 5 sec/speed 7. Set aside.
- Except for oil, mango mixture and garlic mixture, place remaining ingredients into TM bowl. Cook 9 min/90°C/speed 1 until it thickens.
- Add oil, blend 5 sec/speed 3.
- Finally add mango and garlic mixtures. Mix together 1 min/reverse/speed 2.
- Bottle into sterilised jars, allow to cool and refrigerate for at least 12 hours before using.
- Replace balsamic vinegar with white grape vinegar
- Change vegetable ingredients to what’s in season e.g. cauliflower, green beans etc
- Add a tablespoon of dukkah for extra flavour (see page 62 of the South African Odyssey recipe book)