220g Cheddar Cheese, cubed
50g sunflower oil
320 g milk
400 g plain flour
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 bunch fresh chives or 2 – 3 spring onions/shallots, finely chopped
100 g crispy bacon pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place cheddar into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 10. Set aside.
- Place oil, milk, eggs, flour, paprika, salt and baking soda into mixing bowl and blend 15 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl if necessary.
- Add cheese and chives or spring onions and stir through for 5 sec/speed 6.
- Pour into oiled muffin pan and sprinkle with bacon if using.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Try adding feta, basil or spinach, sun dried tomatoes, olives or drained tinned corn. You can add cracked black pepper, sea salt, cinnamon or cayenne pepper to taste.