150 g sugar
350 g cream
150 g full cream milk
5 egg yolks
120 g fresh lemon juice
- Place all ingredients into Thermomix bowl. Cook 10 minutes/80°C/speed 4.
- Pour into a freezer container approximately 25 cm x 25 cm. (The mixture must not be more than 2 cm deep in the container) allow to cool then place in the freezer for approximately 8 hours or until frozen.
- Break the frozen ice-cream mix into pieces not larger than ice-cubes. Place into the TM bowl and churn 20 sec/speed 6. Check for any frozen pieces, using TM spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat if necessary.
- Either serve immediately or spoon into a freezer container and store until ready to use
- For those who are lactose intolerant substitute cream and milk for coconut cream and coconut milk.
- Fresh lemon juice gives a much fresher, lemony flavour. Bottled lemon is very often diluted or “bulked up” with less expensive juices and preservatives.
- For a less creamy ice-cream, use less cream and more milk (gelato) but keep the total quantity of dairy/egg ratio the same i.e. 500 g dairy: 4 egg yolks.
- If using whole eggs in the ice-cream, the ice-cream will have a slightly icy texture
- If using low fat products, your ice cream may have a slightly icy texture, not creamy.
A refreshing Italian cocktail made with lemon ice-cream, prosecco and vodka. Serves 2.
200 g Lemon Ice Cream
30 g prosecco or MCC
15 g vodka
50 g ice-cubes
- Place all ingredients in bowl. Blend 30 sec/speed 10. Serve topped with more chilled prosecco and a curl of lemon zest.
- For a lighter more aerated drink, add 1 egg white before blending.