150 g water
1 sachet instant dried yeast (10 g)
½ tsp sugar
70 g olive oil
300 g bread flour
1 tsp sea salt
Extra olive oil
Za’atar seasoning – refer to previous week’s recipe
- Place water, yeast and sugar into mixing bowl. Warm for 3 min/37°C/speed 1.
- Add olive oil, flour and sea salt. Knead 2 min/knead. Leave to prove in a lightly oiled bowl and cover, or place into a ThermoServer until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly oil a baking sheet or alternatively use baking paper.
- Place dough onto either a silicone mat or a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a long “sausage” shape approximately 30 cm. Using TM spatula, divide dough into 12 equal portions (or 6 for larger bread).
- Roll each portion into a slightly elongated kidney shape, approximately 3 – 4 mm thick. Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with za’atar seasoning. Bake in the centre of the oven for 7-10 minutes until lightly browned. Serve as required.
- These breads also go very well with curry.
- Omit the za’atar seasoning and brush with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- The bread browns very quickly so keep an eye on it. The thinner the bread, the drier and crisper it will be.
- Keep leftover bread and use the following day by freshening it up in the toaster for 30 seconds or so.
- These breads freeze well.