1 egg white
400 g honey
50 g white cooking chocolate, chopped (optional)
100 g almonds, we used the unblanched ones
100 g dried cranberries
2 sheets of rice paper 30 cm X 20 cm
- Place egg white into the TM bowl. Lightly beat 10 sec/speed 6. Add honey and inset butterfly. Leaving MC off, Cook 60 min/100°C/speed 2.
- Meanwhile, while the mixture is cooking, place a sheet of rice paper on a sheet of baking paper on a flat surface.
- Once nougat mixture has cooked, add fruit and nuts into cooked mixture, and chopped chocolate if using. Once well incorporated working quickly and with the assistance of the TM spatula, spread the nougat out onto the rice paper. Place the second sheet of rice paper on top followed by a second sheet of baking paper and carefully roll it flat with a rolling pin ensuring as little as possible “oozes” out the sides. It should be about 1 cm thick.
- Leave to cool then cut into pieces with a sharp knife.
- Instead of the almonds, use any unsalted nuts like pistachios or cashews.
- Replace the cranberries with other dried fruit like cherries, apricots or peaches. Snip first into small pieces with scissors, then add with nuts.
- Use all nuts and omit the fruit.