12ml sea salt
700g Stone Ground white flour
1 (10g) packet instant yeast
550ml tepid water
Method Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter a large loaf tin.
- Place all ingredients into TM bowl ensuring that the salt and yeast don’t touch. Salt kills yeast. Mix 5 -7 sec/ speed 5 until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Knead for 3 min/dough setting.
- Transfer dough into bread pan and cover with slightly oiled cling film and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake for 50 minutes until crusty and baked through. To test if bread is cooked, turn loaf out and tap the underneath. If there is a hollow noise, the bread is cooked.
- I sometimes add 3 teaspoons of a mix of chilli powder and chilli flakes to give the bread a nice bite!