100 g Carrot (one large), Cut into pieces
80 g wholemeal self-raising flour
75 g Plain self-raising flour
60 g Low-Gi sugar or brown sugar, or sugar substitute
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp mixed spice
40 g low fat margarine
125 g low fat milk
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 170°C.
- Line a slice tray approx 16.5x26cm with baking paper.
- Place carrot in TM and grate for 5 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add all other ingredients, mix for 5 sec/speed 5. Pour mixture into slice tray.
- Cook for 20mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Set aside for 10mins to cool in the pan, then put on a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 12 slices and enjoy.
- If you would like a stronger flavour (more like a carrot cake) you can add an exra tsp of cinnamon.
- Will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days, or store in the freezer for 3 months.
This recipe was adapted from the July/August 2011 Diabetic Living Magazine Issue, by Chloe91g from the Australian Recipe Community.