Oil for greasing
½ tsp dried instant yeast
200 g lukewarm water
120 g dried chickpeas
40 g Parmesan cheese, cut into pieces (3cm)
1 garlic clove
1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves only
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp psyllium husk
2 ½ tsp Coriander pesto (see previous week’s recipe)
20 g Parmesan cheese, cut into pieces (3cm)**
50 g mozzarella cheese, cut into slices
2-4 fresh tomatoes, cut into slices
Fresh thyme leaves, for garnishing
- Line a pizza tray or baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside. Grease a bowl and set aside.
- Place a jug onto mixing bowl lid and weigh yeast and water into it. Set aside.
- Place Parmesan cheese from the toppings** into TM bowl. Grate 4 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
- Place all remaining pizza base ingredients into mixing bowl. Blend 1 min/speed 10, or until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add yeast mixture and mix 30 sec/speed 4, until combined. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl to loosen dough, then transfer into prepared bowl and set aside to prove for 1 hour (mixture will be quite wet, but will become firmer after proving). Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Using damp hands, spread dough mixture onto prepared tray into a circle (approx 24 cm). Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread coriander pesto to edges of pizza base, sprinkle grated Parmesan over pesto and arrange sliced mozzarella, tomatoes and thyme leave on top. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- Use any pizza ingredients. Double up on the parmesan cheese for the toppings or sprinkle pizza with Parmesan shavings after completing other toppings.
- Serve pizza with Parmeasan shavings and fresh rocket arranged on top.
- Use any other pesto. Basil pesto is particularly good.
Recipe taken from “Eat-well, nourishing everyday foods.”