1tsp ground cinnamon
30g coconut flour
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
30g raw cacao powder
¼ tsp baking soda
4 free range eggs
45g melted coconut oil
150g Rice malt syrup
3 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Grease doughnut tin generously.
- Place ½ tsp cinnamon (keep the other ½ tsp aside) and coconut sugar into the TM bowl for 8 sec/speed 9. Place aside to use for coating.
- Place coconut flour, cacao, vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, rest of cinnamon and mix for 5 sec/speed 4.
- Add eggs, coconut oil, Rice malt syrup and mix for 5 sec/speed 4.
- Scrape down the mixture and mix another 5 sec/speed 4.
- Fill each donut well into the donut tin up half way to allow them to rise more.
- Give the tin a slight shake or tap on the bench to even the batter out.
- Bake in oven for 15 min and check with a skewer to see if they are ready.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly on wire rack.
- Once slightly cooled, roll donuts into coconut cinnamon mix.
- You can use Maple syrup instead of Rice Malt syrup
This recipe was adapted from Penny78’s Gluten Paleo Cinnamon Doughnuts on the Australian Recipe Community: https://www.recipecommunity.com.au/