180 g brown sugar
2 lemons, flesh only, no white pith
80-100 g piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into pieces (2 cm)
1000 g sparkling mineral water, chilled
- Place sugar, lemon flesh and ginger into mixing bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 8.
- Add 350 g of the mineral water and mix 4 sec/speed 8.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain ginger mixture into a jug. Discard contents of sieve.
- Place reserved ginger mixture and remaining 650 g mineral water into mixing bowl and combine 5 sec/speed 4.
- Serve over ice, or transfer into a jug and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Depending on your taste preference, add up to an additional 250 g chilled sparkling mineral water in Step 4 before serving
This recipe was adapted from the Ginger Beer recipe on the Australian Recipe Community by Thermomix in Australia