150g castor sugar
1 vanilla pod (seeds only)
150g unsalted butter (cut into blocks)
16 layers of phyllo pastry
- Add milk, castor sugar and vanilla pod and cook 6 min/80°C/speed 3.
- While cooking for another 1 min/speed 2 add semolina and unsalted butter.
- Mix again for 1 min/speed 2 and add eggs.
- Cook for 20 min/80°C/speed 2.
- Grease a baking tray and line with baking paper.
- Place 8 layers of phyllo pastry at the bottom of your tray; adding emulsified butter to each layer of pastry.
- Before adding next 8 layers – pour in your custard on top of the pastry.
- Add another 8 layers of phyllo pastry as done for the bottom layers.
- Bake at 160°C for 60 mins.
200g castor sugar
Few threads of Saffron
- Add castor sugar and 180ml of water to the TM bowl.
- Cook for 30 mins/Varoma/spoon speed. Put TM basket on top of lid to allow steam to escape.
- Add a few threads of saffron to 10ml of water – add saffron water to sauce once the sauce is cooked.
- Pour mixture over the Galaktobouoreko.
- Can be served with ice cream.