Total preparation time: 40 minutes
Makes: 4 cupcakes
100 g frozen strawberries
4 fresh mint leaves
1-2 pinches ground black pepper
1 egg white
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar reduction – find the recipe on our facebook page
70 g plain yoghurt
2 tbsp maple syrup, to taste
100g cream cheese, cut into pieces
Fresh strawberries, to serve
- Place frozen strawberries, mint and pepper into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sided of mixing bowl with spatula, then repeat.
- Move mix to the sides of bowl and insert butterfly whisk. Add egg white, balsamic reduction and 20 g yoghurt and mix 1 min 30 sec/speed 4 or until smooth consistency is achieved. Transfer into silicone cupcake moulds and place into the freezer to set (approx. 1 hour). Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- To make cream cheese sauce, place remaining 50 g yoghurt, maple syrup and cream cheese into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then repeat until smooth.
- Turn out frozen cupcakes onto serving plate and allow to sit for a couple of minutes to soften. Serve with cream cheese sauce and fresh strawberries on the side.
- Once set, cupcakes can be removed from the mould and stored in a shallow freeze able container. Making the cream cheese sauce just before serving.
- We used blueberries instead of strawberries
- Substitute all the dairy for non-dairy e.g. coconut cream