50 g walnut halves
80 g Parmesan cheese, cut in pieces (2cm)
10 g fresh parsley leaves (1 large handful)
1 garlic clove
80 g shallots, halved
20 g olive oil
70 g white wine
270 g risotto rice
620 g water, boiling
1 vegetable stock cube
Or 1 tsp vegetable stock paste, homemade
1/4 tsp fine sea salt, plus extra to taste
1/4 tsp ground black pepper, plus extra to taste
100 g Fontina cheese, diced (1 cm)
- Place walnuts in mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 5. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place Parmesan in mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 10. Transfer to bowl with walnuts.
- Place parsley in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 8. Transfer to bowl with grated Parmesan and walnuts then set aside.
- Place garlic, shallots and oil in mixing bowl then chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then sauté 3 min/120°C/speed 1.
- Add wine and rice then, without measuring cup, cook 3 min/120°C/reverse/speed 1. Scrape base of mixing bowl with spatula to loosen rice.
- Add boiling water, stock cube, salt and pepper then cook 12 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1.
- Add Fontina cheese, reserved walnuts, Parmesan and parsley then stir in with spatula. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve immediately.
- Shallots aren’t readily available in South Africa, (I still haven’t worked out why) so you may substitute the shallots for red onion or the white part of spring onions.
- Substitute the Fontina for any other full fat soft cheese.
Recipe from “Italian Kitchen”