135 g almond meal, prepared in your Thermomix (recipe and method below)
30 g cocoa powder
1 tsp gluten free baking powder (1 tsp cream of tartar, ½ tsp of bicarb soda)
2 tsp vanilla extract
55 g olive oil
60 g milk of your choice
2 tsp raw honey
- Preheat oven at 160°C degrees.
- Combine almond meal with cocoa and baking powder 5 sec/speed 3.
- Add eggs, vanilla, oil, milk and honey. Mix for 30 sec/speed 5 to form a batter.
- Spoon into 12 small individual cupcake tins. Bake for 25 minutes until puffed and cooked through – make sure not to overcook.
- Serve alone or topped with ganache, chocolate mousse, greek yoghurt, raspberry puree, or cream cheese icing.
- For nut free cupcakes, substitute almond meal for ¼ cup coconut flour, increase eggs to 4 in place of 2 and add another tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- Hazelnut flour can also be used in place of the almond meal
- This recipe was developed by Teresa Cutter, The Healthy Chef, and adapted for use in the Thermomix
Almond Meal Recipe
200 g almonds
- Place the almonds in your bowl and mix for 9 sec/speed 9.