100 g olive oil
200 g sugar
1 tsp almond essence
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
10 ml warm milk
360 g wheat flour
1 lemon, zest only
5 ml vanilla extract
100 g dried cranberries
100 g slivered almonds
- Place olive oil, eggs, sugar and almond essence into TM bowl. Mix 25 sec/speed 5.
- Dissolve bicarb in milk and add to oil mixture. Add flour, lemon zest, vanilla and salt.
- Knead 1 min/knead. During the final 20 seconds of the kneading, pour cranberries and nuts through the TM lid hole while the blades are turning. It is important to keep the blades turning throughout the kneading to prevent the dough settling on the blades. You may like to use the TM spatula after kneading to give the cranberries and nuts a final stir.
- Place dough onto the baking tray dividing it into two even sausages about 20 cm long.
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes until cooked and lightly browned. Allow to cool. Cut into slices not more than 1 cm thick. Spread evenly on baking tray. Bake 6 mins 160°C. Turn biscotti over and bake a further 6 minutes until crisp.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.