1 garlic clove
45 g fresh coriander, stalks and leaves only, cut into pieces
50 g raw unsalted cashews
40 g sunflower seeds
10 g pepitas
40 g lemon juice (approx 1 lemon)
100 g avocado oil
¼ tsp salt to taste
1 tsp dulse flakes (optional – see tips)
- Place garlic, coriander, cashews, sunflower seeds and pepitas into mixing bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 7.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and blend 8 sec/speed 8.
- Add lemon juice, oil, salt and dulse flakes and mix 10 sec/speed 4. Transfer into a sealable container and place into refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Dulse is a type of sea vegetable (red algae) that is high in vitamins and minerals, including iodine, magnesium and zinc and it adds an umami flavour boost.
- You can leave this pesto in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serve the pesto over eggs, stirred through noodles or combine with yoghurt or sour cream to make a dip – it’s so versatile.
Recipe taken from “Eat-well, nourishing everyday foods.”