250 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces (we used 70%)
150 g whipping cream
1 pinch salt
50 g shelled unsalted pistachios
30 g desiccated coconut
30 g organic cocoa powder
- Place pistachios, into mixing bowl and chop 1 sec/Turbo. Repeat if a finer consistency is required. Pour into a glass bowl. Place the glass bowl onto the TM mixing bowl with lid on. Weigh coconut and cocoa powder into bowl. Stir gently with a spoon to mix. Set aside.
- Place chocolate into mixing bowl. Chop 10 sec/speed 5. Set aside.
- Weigh cream into TM bowl. Heat gently 3 min/80°C/speed 2.
- Add reserved chopped chocolate and mix 2 min/speed 2 or until the temperature drops to 37°C.
- Add 60 g pomegranate molasses and blend 20 sec/speed 3. Place in a sealable container and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Roll 1 small teaspoon of the ganache into a ball and roll into pistachio mixture. Repeat until all the ganache has been used. Keep well chilled until serving.
- Replace the pomegranate molasses with fruit vinegar.
- Add chopped nuts, chopped nougat pieces, salted caramel or white chocolate chips to the ganache mixture for a variation.
- Dip the well chilled ganache balls into melted chocolate and allow to cool.
- Roll the ganache balls in popcorn seasoning with chilli and salt.