2 cloves garlic
2-3 sprigs parsley
30 g olive oil
30 g Butter
2-3 slices gluten free or regular bread
400 g chicken breast cut into 3cm pieces
1000 g water
2 tbsp vegetable stock from the Thermomix Basic Book
2 cloves garlic
1 brown onion, quartered
1 carrot, roughly chopped
1 stalk celery, roughly chopped
200 g broccoli florets
20 g olive oil
2 tsp corn flour
80 g noodles or pasta of your choice, broken up into smaller pieces if preferred
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Add garlic and parsley to TM bowl and chop for 5 sec/speed 5.
- Add olive oil and butter and heat 2 min/70°C/speed 1.
- Pour oil mix into a different bowl and slice the bread into cubes of desired size. Add the bread to oil mix and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Spread out in a single layer over an oven tray. Bake for approx. 20 minutes until golden and crispy. Toss occasionally for even cooking.
- Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place the chicken pieces, water and the vegetable stock into your Thermomix bowl. Cook for 12 minutes/Varoma/speed 2 with the measuring cup in place or until the chicken has cooked through.
- Drain and save the cooking water for use later.
- Blitz the chicken for 3 sec/speed 4. Transfer to a new bowl and set aside until needed.
- In a clean and dry Thermomix bowl add the garlic clove, onion, carrot, celery and broccoli (which have both been cut into 3cm pieces) and blitz for 4 sec/speed 6.
- Add the olive oil and cook for 3 min/100°C /speed 2.
- Add the reserved cooking water and corn flour and cook for 12 minutes/100°C/speed 2.
- Add the reserved shredded chicken, noodles, and cook for a further 6 min/100°C /speed 2/reverse. If the noodles haven’t quite cooked through, cook for a further 2 min/100°C/speed 2/reverse.
- Pour the soup into bowls, and sprinkle with croutons (optional).
- Sprinkle parmesan over your croutons just after they’ve baked for a delicious cheesy flavour
- This soup is easy to adapt for using your preferred veggies. Add freshly chopped ginger to help fight off a cold!
- You can easily leave out the chicken and add more veg for an equally wholesome soup