700 g water
3 skinless chicken breast fillets (approx. 800 g), cut into strips (5 x 1 cm)
Olive oil, for greasing
200 g cheddar cheese, cut into cubes (3 cm)
4 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only, plus extra for garnishing
2 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into pieces
1 long red chilli, deseeded if preferred
2 garlic cloves
¼ red onion
½ red capsicum, deseeded and cut into pieces
2 pinches sea salt, plus extra for sprinkling
2 pinches ground black pepper, plus extra for sprinkling
70 g pitted black olives, sliced
250 g sour cream
40 g lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
400 g canned chopped tomatoes
Thermal serving bowl (ThermoServer) or other large bowl
Casserole dish (32 x 25cm)
- Place water into mixing bowl and place Varoma dish and tray into position. Place chicken breast pieces into Varoma dish and onto tray, secure Varoma lid and cook 8 min/Varoma/speed 1. Stir chicken pieces with spatula to ensure even cooking, then secure Varoma lid, and cook for a further 8 min/Varoma/speed 1. Transfer chicken into a thermal serving bowl (Thermoserver) or other large bowl and set aside to keep warm. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a large casserole dish (32 x 25cm) and set aside.
- Place cheese and mixing bowl and grate 8 sec/speed 8. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Clean & dry mixing bowl.
- Place coriander and spring onions/shallots into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Place chilli, garlic, red onion, tomato and capsicum into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add salt, pepper, olives, sour cream, lime juice, 50 g of the reserved cheddar cheese and half of the reserved coriander and spring onions/shallots and combine 2 sec/reverse/speed 4.
- Add reserved chicken and combine 6 sec/reverse/speed 4. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Fill each tortilla with a few spoonfuls of chicken mixture, then roll up and place seam-side down onto casserole dish. Top with canned tomatoes and remaining cheddar cheese. Sprinkle over remaining coriander and spring onions/shallots mixture.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes (180°C) or until bubbly and fragrant. Serve warm, garnished with extra coriander leaves.
- Serve enchiladas with finely sliced avocado, a green salad and extra sour cream on the side.