20 g chives
2-3 springs fresh thyme
150 g courgettes, cut into 2 cm pieces
700 g chicken breasts, ** uncooked, deboned and skinless
50 g couscous
Seasoning to taste
2 garlic cloves
1 small onion, peeled and quartered
20 g olive oil
2 x 400g cans crushed tomatoes
10 g tomato paste
1 heaped Tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate, Thermomix stock
400g fresh runner beans, cut into 3 cm pieces
240 g spaghetti
Fresh basil leaves
Parmesan shavings, optional
- Place chives and thyme into TM bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 7. Set aside.
- Place courgettes into TM bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed 5. Set aside with the herbs.
- **see previous weeks’ recipe on mincing chicken and the preparation for mincing. Place half the chicken into the TM bowl. Mince Turbo/1 sec. Repeat if a finer consistency is desired. Set aside with the herbs and courgettes. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Place all nugget ingredients, including the minced chicken into TM bowl and mix 5 sec/reverse/speed 5. Remove and set aside for about 10 minutes to allow the couscous to absorb the moisture from the chicken.
- Place garlic cloves, onion and olive oil into TM bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed 7. Sauté 3 min/100°C/speed 1. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and vegetable stock paste.
- Roll mince mixture into 3 cm balls. Lightly oil Varoma tray and place chicken balls on Varoma tray. Place beans into Varoma dish and position Varoma on TM bowl. Cook 20 min/Varoma/speed 1 until chicken and beans are cooked to your liking. Adjust seasoning.
- Arrange chicken and beans on a serving dish or ThermoServer, pour sauce over and keep warm. Cook spaghetti as per Basic book recipe chip.
- Serve garnished with basil leaves and parmesan shavings.
- When rolling the chicken balls, lightly oil hands so the mixture doesn’t stick.
- Instead of thyme, use oregano or basil.
- Replace vegetable stock paste with chicken stock concentrate.
- If courgettes are particularly “watery”, after chopping them, place into a sieve and press out some of the moisture.
- Use a variety of steamed vegetables, omit the spaghetti and serve with extra couscous.
- Make the chicken balls ahead of time. Place in an ovenproof dish, cover with the sauce, sprinkle with cheese and place under a grill until the cheese is melted and browned slightly.
Recipe adapted from Fresh Living Magazine January/February 2019