80 g olive oil
1 ½ tsp ground sweet paprika
4 tsp salt
2 pinches ground black pepper
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp dried parsley
800 g chicken breasts, skinless, cut into slices (2cm)
500 g water
650 g potatoes, peeled, cut in cubes (2cm)
3 tsp wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar (optional)
1 tsp dried basil
200 g cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
60 – 80 g rocket
- Place olive oil, sweet paprika, 2 tsp salt, black pepper, garlic powder and dried thyme in mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 8. Transfer 3 tbsp of this mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
- Add cayenne pepper, coriander and dried parsley to mixing bowl and stir 5 sec/speed 3.
- Add sliced chicken breasts and stir 10 sec/reverse/speed 1. Transfer to a bowl and allow to marinate for 15 minutes (this time can be used for preparing the potatoes)
- Place water and remaining 2 tsp salt in mixing bowl. Insert simmering basket and add potatoes. Set Varoma dish in position, arrange marinated chicken on Varoma dish, and Varoma tray. Close Varoma and steam 20 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Set Varoma aside and remove simmering basked using spatula. Transfer potatoes to a serving dish. Reserve cooking liquid and set aside.
- Place reserved herb-oil mixture, wine vinegar, sugar, dried basil and 100 g of the reserved cooking liquid in mixing bowl and mix 3 sec/speed 3.
- Add cherry tomatoes and rocket to serving dish containing potatoes, then pour dressing over salad. Combine gently using spatula. Serve chicken with the warm potato salad.
- The salad can also be served cold. Add dressing to potatoes and allow potato salad and chicken to cool, then chill both in the refrigerator. Add cherry tomatoes, rocket and chicken just before serving and stir gently to mix
- The potatoes can be left unpeeled if they are young and very clean
This recipe is from the Fabulous Flavours on Every Level cookbook.