140 g raw macadamia nuts
140 g pitted Medjool dates
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp natural sea salt
Method – preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Place all ingredients into mixing bowl. Blend finely 20 sec/speed 9.
- Using a tablespoon, roll mixture into balls, place on prepared baking tray and flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or to your own preference. Remove from oven and cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Keep your eye on the biscuits while baking as they burn easily.
- Try other nuts for a variation. Remember that nuts vary in natural oil content, so different nuts may yield different results.
- Finely chop 50 g dried apricots or cranberries and stir into the mixture before shaping.
Recipe courtesy of “the Shrinking Hubby”