Cheese, Ham and Zucchini Muffins
130 g cheese, such as cheddar, cut into bite size pieces
280 g zucchini’s, cut into bite size pieces
265 g self-raising flour
125 g shaved ham cut into strips
180 g buttermilk
2 x large eggs
50 g olive oil
Seasoning to taste
Sweet powdered paprika, optional
- Grease a 12 case muffin pan. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Place cheese into TM bowl. Grate 10 sec/speed 8. Set aside.
- Place zucchinis into TM bowl. Chop 5 sec/speed 4 or until finely chopped. Place into TM simmering basket and using TM spatula, press the zucchinis down to allow any excess water to drain.
- Place 100 g of the grated cheese, chopped zucchinis, flour, ham, buttermilk, eggs and olive oil into TM bowl. Season to taste.
- Mix 20 sec/reverse/speed 3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat.
- Divide mixture evenly between the muffin cases. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of the muffins and season with a little paprika if desired.
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked. Cool then freeze if desired.
- For a vegetarian option, replace ham with red or green pepper and 2 spring onions.
- Add half a tsp of dried chili flakes to the mixture.
- Replace ham for Chopped Vienna sausages.
- Once cooked, brush the hot muffins with a mixture of Marmite and butter to give an interesting salty flavor.
Cheese, Ham and Tomato Muffins
80 g cheese, such as cheddar, cut into bite size pieces
4 sprigs parsley, or any other fresh herbs
2 spring onions, cut into pieces
1 tomato, quartered
60 g couscous, covered with boiling water, to swell for about 10 minutes
80 g ham, cut into 2 cm pieces
Seasoning to taste
- Grease a Muffin pan or insert paper or silicone muffin linings. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place cheese into TM bowl and grate 6 sec/speed 8. Set aside.
- Place parsley, spring onions and tomato into TM bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Using a fork, fluff up couscous and add couscous into the TM bowl. Add cheese, ham, eggs, and seasoning. Mix 10 sec/reverse/speed 4.
- Divide mixture into 8 of the muffin cases. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked. Cool and use or freeze until required.