150g cheddar cheese
100g ementhale cheese
250g self raising flour
5ml garlic salt
5ml paprika plus extra for sprinkling
80g sunflower oil
100g chives, finely sliced
- Add cheeses to the mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 5. Take out 50g and set aside.
- Add flour, garlic salt, cayenne, egg and buttermilk and oil to bowl. Mix 10 sec/speed 4. Scrape down and ensure mix is combined.
- Add chives and mix 5 sec/reverse/speed 4.
- Spray muffin tins very well with non-stick cooking spray and spoon mix in until halfway full.
- Scatter over the reserved cheese and sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Bake at 210°C for 15 minutes until golden brown on top. Cool in tray for 5 minutes before turning out on to wire rack to cool.
- If making mini muffins, reduce cooking time to 10 minutes.
- Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Can use cayenne pepper instead of paprika and plain yoghurt or milk instead of buttermilk.