½ Cauliflower cut into florets
Butter to taste
Cream to taste
1 pinch sea salt, to taste
1 pinch ground black pepper, to taste
- Place water into TM bowl. Insert simmering basket and place cauliflower into simmering basket ensuring the TM bowl lid fits on easily.
- Steam 16 min/Varoma/speed 1 or until cauliflower is cooked.
- Remove steaming basket and empty water out of TM bowl. Place cauliflower into TM bowl along with butter, a dash of cream and seasoning.
- Puree 30 sec/speed 8 or until to the texture of your liking.
- Serve as a substitute for mashed potato or as a side dish.
- Substitute cream for a good tablespoon of Mascarpone cheese.
- For a low fat diet, omit cream or replace with coconut cream.
- Stir in grated Parmesan cheese just before serving.
- Use for next week’s recipe of Shepherd’s Pie instead of the butter bean mash.
- For larger quantities, place cauliflower florets in Varoma. You may need to increase the cooking time slightly.