4 Tbsp of butter
Salt and pepper
2 tsp of crushed garlic
150g fresh cream
1 x 250g packet of streaky bacon (cut in pieces)
500g quality beef mince (not lean)
1 x 115g canned chopped tomato
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp xylitol
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 free range egg
200g grated cheddar cheese
Method – Preheat oven 180°C.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and then cut each floret lengthwise into a few strips. You want it to have the basic length of a macaroni noodle.
- Grate cheese – 10 secs/speed 7, set aside.
- Place 3 Tbsp of butter in TM bowl and add salt, pepper, 1 tsp garlic and cauliflower. Sauté for 4 mins/Varoma/speed 1/reverse. You can stop after 2 mins and give a good stir.
- Transfer into an ovenproof dish and pour all the juices over the cauliflower. Pour 1/2 cup cream over the cauli layer. Set aside.
- Place chopped bacon in bowl and cook for 5 mins/Varoma/speed 1/reverse. Set aside.
- Add the remainder of the butter in the bowl + the mince and sauté 4 mins/Varoma/spoon speed/reverse.
- Add the tomato, vinegar, xylitol and herbs and cook 7 mins/Varoma/spoon speed/reverse whilst leaving the mc off. Tip: Place the steaming basket on the lid to avoid splatter
- Layer the meat sauce over the cauli layer and top with bacon pieces.
- In a jug, mix the remaining 1/2 cup cream, the egg, and 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese together. Pour over the meat layer. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top and bake until ‘oozy’, browned and cheesy soft.