45g raw cashew nuts
1tbsp goji berries
Half a vanilla pod scraped
160g pure fresh apple or orange juice
180g pineapple cubed
- Blend the cashews, berries and vanilla seeds for 10 sec/speed 8.
- Add juice and pineapple. Blend 40 sec/speed 10.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with coconut and goji berries. Sip and enjoy.
- Cashews are the more delicately flavoured of the nuts which allows for the other flavours in the smoothie to shine through. Nuts are high in anti-oxidants which is a key to heart health. Cashews are also high in magnesium which is vital to bone health.
- Goji berries are high in vitamin C and fibre and low in sodium and calories. They are a good source of iron and vitamin A. One serving of about 30g provides nearly 10% of the suggested amount of dietary protein.