10g yeast (fresh) or one sachet dried yeast
- Add the water, sugar and yeast to the bowl.
- Mix for 2 min/37°C/speed 2.
- Add the buttermilk.
- Add the flour and salt.
- Knead for 3 min. Halfway through this, check texture. Some flours are more absorbent like Eureka Mills, as they are not so refined. Add a little more liquid if necessary to get the right soft but not sticky texture.
- Shape into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl. Give it a turn to coat it all round and leave to rise for about 30 min covered with a dish cloth.
- Lightly punch the dough down and shape into a loaf and place in greased bread tin. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise again for 25 min until almost double in size.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 180°C, you can brush the loaf with butter, milk or egg wash, or just leave it plain. Sesame seeds are optional.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until golden brown and the bread sounds hollow when tapped on the back.