60 g parmesan cheese, crust removed and cut into pieces (3cm)
3 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
140 g buckwheat
200 g basmati rice
140 g arrowroot flour
40 g chia seeds
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
400 g water
15 g white sugar
2 tsp dried instant yeast
30 g olive oil, plus extra for greasing
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
Loaf tin (27 x 10 cm)
- Grease and line a loaf tin (21 x 10cm) with baking paper and set aside
- Place parmesan cheese and parsley into mixing bowl and grate 5 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place buckwheat and rice into mixing bowl and mill 1 min 30 sec/speed 9.
- Add arrowroot flour, chia seeds, xanthan gum, paprika and salt and mix 6 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Place water, sugar, yeast, oil, vinegar and eggs into mixing bowl and heat 2 min/37°C/speed 2, then mix
15 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add reserved flour mixture and half of the reserved Parmesan mixture and knead for 1 min/knead. Pour batter into prepared loaf tin, over with plastic wrap and set aside to prove for approx. 1 hour, or until nearly risen to the top of the tin.
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Sprinkle loaf with remaining Parmesan mixture and bake for 35 minutes (210°C) or until golden. Allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.