1 onion, quartered
1 clove garlic
30 g olive oil
300 g Beetroot, peeled and chopped into chunks
100 g carrot, peeled and chopped into chunks
200 g cabbage, chopped into chunks
1 medium potato, diced (approx 150g)
200 g diced tomatoes, tinned or fresh
800 g water
2 tablespoons TM vegetable stock concentrate
200 g Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
1 teaspoon dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill
1 teaspoon vinegar
cracked black pepper, to taste
A dollop of fresh or sour cream to serve for each bowl
- Place onion and garlic in TM bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
- Add oil and sauté 3 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Place beetroot, carrot and cabbage in TM bowl and chop 4-5 sec/speed 5.
- Add potato, tomatoes, water and vegetable stock concentrate. Cook 15 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1.
- Add the beans, dill, vinegar and pepper. Cook 5 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1.
- Serve warm in bowls with a dollop of fresh or sour cream.
- If the soup is too thick you can add extra water
This recipe originally comes from annacabana’s Baba’s Borscht recipe on the Australian Recipe Community.