1 medium brown onion, peeled and quartered
1 clove garlic peeled
20g olive oil – may omit
700g tomato passata
70g tomato paste
20g Worcestershire sauce (optional)
1 tbsp Thermomix stock concentrate
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
Ground black pepper
700g lean minced beef (mince you own in the Thermomix)
Option to thicken sauce
5 ml cornflour
- Place onion and garlic into TM bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Except for the minced beef, add remaining ingredients.
- Place simmering basket into TM bowl. Add mince into basket.
- With MC on, Cook 15 mins/Varoma/speed 4.
- Carefully break up mince with TM spatula.
- Cook a further 15 mins/Varoma/speed 4, MC off.
- Spoon the mince onto the pasta and pour the sauce from the TM bowl over or if thickening the sauce, place the mince in a serving bowl, mix the cornflour with the water and pour into the TM bowl with the tomato based sauce. Cook a further 1 min/100°C/speed 2. Once sauce has thickened, pour over mince. Serve with cooked penne pasta or spaghetti.
- For further serving suggestions see below.
- Mix the sauce, either thickened or unthickened with the mince. Cook 500g pasta. Mix the bolognaise with the pasta, place in a baking dish. Grate cheese over the top and place in a preheated oven 180°C. Bake 20 minutes Serve with a side salad and garlic bread.
- Add 1 tin drained kidney beans to the mince mixture after step 5. Mix together before serving. Serve with rice.
- Use the bolognaise as a lasagne sauce. Make a béchamel sauce, see SA Odyssey book page 71, and layer lasagne pasta sheets with mince and béchamel sauce. Finish with a béchamel sauce layer and bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Scoop out halved Courgettes or slices of marrow with the pips removed. Fill with mince mixture and sprinkle grated cheese over. Place a little water in the dish. Bake for about 40 minutes at 180°C.