130 g raw sugar
100 g beer
300 g raw unsalted peanuts
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp sea salt flakes
Method Preheat oven to 180°C & Line a 27cm x 16cm baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Place sugar and beer into TM bowl and heat 5 min/Varoma/speed 2, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
- Add peanuts and cook 2 min/90°C/ reverse/speed 1, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with a spatula.
- Cook for a further 5 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add chilli flakes and sea salt and mix 2 sec/reverse/speed 5. Repeat once more.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheet and bake for 10 – 15 minutes 180°C. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool completely to set.
- Break into pieces and serve or package in airtight containers.
- For a change, use salted roasted peanuts and leave out the salt.
- Serve in “shards” with the peanut butter gelato. The combination of the chilli and ice cream goes incredibly well.
- Crush broken pieces of the brittle on turbo and sprinkle over the ice-cream or make a “sand” with the brittle and sprinkle on the serving plate placing a quenelle of ice-cream on top.
- Mix crushed brittle in swirls in softened ice-cream and freeze further.
Recipe adapted from Vorwerk website